The ZOO Project-Festival Blog is committed to saving and protecting the world’s wildlife by inspiring a passion for nature and taking conservation action at home and around the world.
This mission is accomplished in the following ways.
- By demonstrating leadership in wildlife conservation and animal welfare.
- Providing a broad audience with outstanding and unique educational opportunities that lead to the appreciation and stewardship of nature.
- Inspiring and serving our community with engaging, meaningful, safe and memorable experiences.
- Providing innovative zoological facilities for events and programs that contribute to the region’s economic vitality.
- By demonstrating organizational excellence consistent with a commitment to outstanding service, progressive resource management and environmental leadership.
Our world is changing, and we are gradually becoming more aware of the challenges facing our wildlife. Conservation of wild species, animals and plants alike, and their wild homes is what the ZOO Project-Festival is all about. But it’s in our own backyards that we can make the biggest difference in preserving our natural habitats.
All life on Earth is connected through sharing resources and living space. As humans, we have the power to positively impact our environment and the other organisms living on Earth. Here at the ZOO Project-Festival, we will show you how.
- Dispose of all waste in an appropriate place
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Purchase environmentally friendly products
- Be a responsible pet owner
- Create backyard habitats
- Do research and support organizations and policies that protect the environment
- Spread the word!